As of: December 4, 2018
Welcome to The Parenting Emporium (TPE) Loyalty platform. TPE takes its accountabilities under applicable privacy laws and regulations seriously. We will only gather, record, store, disclose, transfer, process, and use your personal data as defined below.
We understand the significance of the personal data you have entrusted to us and believe that it is our responsibility to accurately manage, protect and process your personal data.
We will only hold your information for as long as we are either required to by law or as is relevant for the intentions for which it was gathered.
TPE is dedicated to act in accordance with the Republic Act 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012, and its implementing rules and protocols.
By using the TPE website, online store, and/or the mobile app, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you set up a TPE Loyalty account, or otherwise provide us with your personal data through the Platform, the personal data we gather may include, but are not limited to:
- Email Address
- Mobile Number
- Date of Birth
- Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Website, Twitter
- Any other information about the User when the User signs up to use our Platform, as well as information related to how the User uses the Platform
Our mobile applications may collect accurate information about the location of your mobile device using technologies such as GPS, Wi-Fi, etc. We collect, use, disclose and/or process this information for one or more intentions including, without limitation, location-based services that you request or to deliver necessary content to you based on your location. For most mobile devices, you are able to withdraw your consent for us to obtain this information on your location through your device settings. If you have questions about how to deactivate your mobile device’s location services, please contact your mobile device service provider or the device manufacturer.
Only information which is correct and not deceptive must be submitted to us, or the Platform. We reserve the right to demand for documentation to authenticate the information you have provided.
If you provide personal information of any third party to us, we assume that you have acquired the necessary permission from the relevant third party to disclose and transfer his/her personal information to us.
SETTING UP AN ACCOUNT
In order to use certain functionalities of the Platform, you will have to create a user account which requires you to submit certain personal data. When you register and create an account, we require you to provide us with your name and email address as well as a user name of your choice. We also require for specific information about yourself such as your (telephone number, email address, shipping address, photo identification, bank account details, age, date of birth, gender and interests). Upon activating an account, you will select a user name and password. Your user name and password will be used so you can securely open and maintain your account.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
The personal information we gather from you will be used, or shared with third parties (including related companies and third party service providers), for some or all of the following purposes:
- To manage, operate, provide and/or administer your use of and/or access to the Platform, as well as your relationship and user account with us;
- To administer orders you submit through the Platform. Payments that you make through the Platform for products will be processed by our agent;
- To deliver the products you have purchased through the Platform;
- To update you on the delivery of the products;
- To compare information, and verify with third parties in order to ensure that the information is correct;
- To administer your account with us;
- To verify and perform financial transactions in relation to fees you make online;
- To review the downloading of data from the Platform;
- To develop the layout and/or content of the pages of the Platform and tailor them for users;
- To identify visitors on the Platform;
- To perform research on our users’ demographics and behaviour;
- To provide you with information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us;
- To contact you via voice call, text message and/or email and/or postal mail or otherwise for the purposes of administering and/or managing your relationship with us or your use of our Services, such as but not limited to communicating administrative information to you relating to our Services.
- When you register an account with TPE or otherwise provide us with your personal information through the Platform, we will also use your personal information to send you marketing and/or promotional materials about our products, classes and services from time to time. We may use your contact information to send newsletters from us; and
- In exceptional situations TPE may be obliged to disclose personal information, such as when there are grounds to consider that the disclosure is required to avoid a danger to life or health, or for law enforcement purposes, or for execution of legal and regulatory requirements and requests.
TPE may share your personal information with third parties and our partners for the aforementioned intentions, specifically, completing a transaction with you, managing your account and our affiliation with you, marketing and performing any legal or regulatory obligations and requisites as deemed needed by TPE.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
You may be in contact with us if you have any objections to our continual use and/or disclosure of your personal information for any of the purposes and in the manner as stated above at any time by contacting us at our e-mail address below.
Once we have your clear withdrawal instructions and once we have confirmed your identity, we will administer your request for withdrawal of consent, and will thereafter not collect, use and/or disclose your personal data in the manner stated in your request. If we are unable to verify your identity or recognise your instructions, we will coordinate with you to understand your request.
UPDATING AND ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can update your personal information anytime by opening your account on the TPE Platform. If you would like to see the personal information we have on you or inquire about the ways in which your personal information has been or may have been used or disclosed by TPE within the past year, please contact us at our e-mail address below. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee for retrieving your personal information records.
If you have an account with TPE, you may access details of your order by logging into your account on the Platform. You agree to treat your TPE username, password and order details confidentially and not make it available to unauthorised third parties. We cannot assume any liability for misuse of your TPE username, password or order details.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
TPE guarantees that all data collected will be securely kept. We implement a variety of security measures to guarantee the safety of your personal data on our systems. User personal data is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of employees who have special access rights to such systems. We will hold personal data in accordance with the Privacy Laws and/or other applicable laws. That is, we will destroy your personal data as soon as it is reasonable to assume that
- the purpose for which that personal data was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such personal data; and
- retention is no longer necessary for any legal or business purposes
If you believe that your privacy has been breached by TPE, please contact us at our e-mail address below.
Your password is the key to your account. Please use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not share your TPE password to anyone. If you do share your password with others, you will be responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account and the consequences. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and other information submitted to TPE. You could also be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason or if you have grounds to believe that your password has been compromised, you should immediately contact us and change your password. You are reminded to log off of your account and close the browser when finished using a shared computer.
COLLECTION OF COMPUTER DATA
We may from time to time implement “cookies” or other features to allow us or third parties to collect or share information that will help us improve our Site and the Services we offer, or help us offer new services and features. “Cookies” are identifiers we transfer to your computer or mobile device that allow us to recognize your computer or device and tell us how and when the Services or website are used or visited, by how many people and to track movements within our website. We may link cookie information to personal data. Cookies also link to information regarding what items you have selected for purchase and pages you have viewed. This information is used to keep track of your shopping cart, for example. Cookies are also used to deliver content specific to your interest and to monitor website usage.
You may be able to manage and delete cookies through your browser or device settings. For more information on how to do so, visit the help material of your browser or device.
Web beacons are small graphic images that may be included on our Service and the Platform. They allow us to count users who have viewed these pages so that we can better understand your preference and interests.
CONTACTING THE PARENTING EMPORIUM
If you wish to withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information, request access and/or correction of your personal information, have any queries, comments or concerns, or require any help on technical or cookie-related matters, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org